Friday, May 14, 2010

Fair Shirtlessness

As I was crashed out on my couch Tuesday night, I suddenly began receiving messages like "Run, don't walk to get the new Vanity Fair." What was it all about? Well, here you have it, the shirtless World Cup cover by Annie Leibovitz. I am not a sports person, but I don't think you need to be to appreciate the shirtlessness. It's pretty fantastic! There's even a video about shooting the cover on the website. VF has an article about "The Luckiest Photgrapher on Earth," Walter Iooss who has photographed the swimsuit issue of Sports Illustrated for years, but after this cover, I wonder if perhaps the luckiest photographer on earth isn't Ms. Leibovitz. I wish I could have been a fly on the wall for this shoot. And I know the vice president of IMS would definitely have volunteered to run towel service for the event. All in good time...

I missed GA last night after forgetting to tape. I think I will have to break down and upgrade my cable soon because DVR would make my life much easier and more pleasant. I also recently got a new television with all kinds of new technology, and apparently what new technology does is make you need more new technology. So my beautiful flat screen LED tv has a nice picture that would look better if I had HD cable. It's a never-ending cycle. The saving grace is that shirtlessness looks much better even without upgraded cable.

So even if this Sunday's season finales feature no new shirtlessness, I know that I will have my Vanity Fair to curl up with after. It's good to have a sure thing once in a while. And for what it's worth, I buy Vanity Fair for the articles! I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: