Monday, May 10, 2010

Wrestling Shirtlessness


Last week, I wrote about seeing Kristoffer Diaz's play "The Elaborate Entrance of Chad Deity," and the playwright was kind enough to direct me to this video promo of the show which I share with you. There is a lot of good shirtlessness in this show along with a biting commentary about the racial dynamics of corporate America and a very touching glimpse of one person's intimate relationship with his job. If you live in New York, I strongly suggest seeing this show at Second Stage Theater before June 20th.

After coming home from seeing a friend's play reading at the Public Theater last night where I sat next to one of the actors that I posted a few weeks ago(!), I watched both DH and B&S and had rather opposite reactions to each show. I always get excited for the season finale of DH because lots of mysteries wind up coming to head in the last weeks, making for very exciting television. This season will be no different with two mysteries getting solved next week. I must say after the number of murder plots and escaped criminals that have been found out on Wisteria Lane, I have to wonder why none of the housewives think to move! Of course, I'm glad that they don't.

On the flip side was B&S which again featured no shirtlessness even with the addition of Gilles to the cast and involved everyone in the Walker family yelling at each other. When Tommy becomes the voice of reason, you know you have a problem. I liked the relief that Paige's video offered, but honestly, why can't they all just get along? Clearly Rob Lowe is going to die next week, and then we will have to suffer through more teary monologues delivered by Calista Flockhart who miraculously beat cancer in three weeks only to have the love of her life taken from her in his prime. Even the VP of IMS left me a message last night asking me "Really?" Really, ABC? Have you run so short on plot lines that you have to resort to making us watch an hour of bickering every Sunday night?

Still I'm hoping for the best in the week of finales. I hope you will too. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: