Friday, May 7, 2010

Mmm-mmm Mehcad!

I can't help that I like Mehcad Brooks and still mourn his lack of shirtlessness on DH several seasons ago. Although this picture looks like it is from DH with the foliage and the white picket fence, it's actually a still from "True Blood" where clearly the writers understood how to accentuate the positive on Mr. Brooks. If only I had HBO! In any case, I'm happy to post him here since there was no new shirtlessness on tv last night to report, although it seems that Eric Dane has started taking shirtless pictures with his daughter for magazine covers. Go figure!

I'm in a grump place these days for various reasons, big and small, but I am trying to accentuate the positive myself. For one thing, I'd like to note that of the 4 plays I have seen in the last two weeks, three featured shirtlessness. In fact, in the last play I saw, "The Elaborate Entrance of Chad Diety" written by my friend and colleague, Kris Diaz, every character except one spends long periods of time shirtless. It's pretty great! I wonder if soon, I will only have to make note of plays that do NOT feature shirtlessness! I do highly recommend "Chad Diety" which is playing at Second Stage Theater right now. Not only does it feature good shirtlessness and plenty of it, it's also wickedly funny and smart. IMS members would certainly appreciate it.

Now that the weather has returned to spring in New York, I seem to have come down with a cold which makes me blue. I might just have to lay on my couch and watch the lake scene in "Pride & Prejudice" to make myself feel better. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: