Monday, November 15, 2010

Love and Other Shirtlessness

Here's a cute picture of Jake Gyllenhaal demonstrating how to take one's shirt off with a smile. Now I was a little bit mad at Mr. Gyllenhaal for playing a Persian prince last year because while he was predominantly shirtless, there really was no way to believe that he was Persian, or in modern language, Iranian, but really how can you blame the man for taking the job? I did see the trailer to his new film with Anne Hathaway, "Love and Other Drugs,"and he kind of had me at hello, to quote another terrible romcom. I can already tell that I am going to see this film during the holiday season which is when I get my yearly dose of fairy tale which often follows the storyline of total cad meets amazing girl and is miraculously changed into a loving and compassionate human being. I actually think that I have lived this storyline, except for the miraculous change part. In any case, the movie looks cute, and Mr. Gyllenhaal should be shirtless as much as possible, in my opinion. See above.

In the meantime, I did take time out to go to another romcom this weekend, "Morning Glory," only to find out that it wasn't actually a romcom at all. There was a romantic storyline, but it was barely a part of the plot. Instead it was much more a tale of a woman struggling to make her way in the career that she dreamed of ever since she was a little girl. It actually hit the spot for me and perked me up. My only disappointment was that Patrick Wilson did not take his shirt off in any meaningful way. A proper romcom would have featured at least one excellent shirtless scene.

I'm still not excited by any of the network shirtlessness. Hopefully some mid-season replacement will give me something to write about soon. In the meantime, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

1 comment:

skullznskinz said...

could not agree more

good site

mine is actionam7 on YT