Monday, November 8, 2010

Shirtless for a Good Cause

Last night I worked on a benefit fundraiser for a New York theater company which featured short plays in various locations of two New York apartments in Tribeca. One of the plays took place in a shower and featured some shirtlessness. In spite of the fact that in order to watch the play, one had to sit on the edge of the bathtub and risk getting wet, I will say that it was the most popular play of the evening. Of course, one guest did come and complain to me that the actor did not take all of his clothes off in the shower, but overall, the guests seemed quite satisfied. It was such a hit that there was almost a mandate to always include one shower play in every benefit from now on. We shall see. The important lesson I walked away with is that shirtlessness inspires generosity. I have witnessed this first hand at Broadway Bares, the famed BC/EFA benefit that happens every June, and was pleasantly reminded of it again last night. To make my point, I give you Matthew Morrison, back in his Broadway days, baring his abs at Broadway Bares for charity. Shirtless benefits are good!

Because of the madness that was last night's benefit, I have no idea of what happened on the shows. I realized after I got home last night that I did not change the clock on my quaint VCR, and so I did not tape B&S. This illustrated to me the fact that I need to upgrade my cable so that I can DVR like the rest of the world. To do so would require me to make a more consistent monthly income which has not been so easy these days. I know the recession was declared over last January, but somehow I still don't seem to be making any money. Hmmm... I'm not going to think about this too much or else I will get upset. In any case, I'm putting it out there, that for Christmas, I would like DVR and more good shirtlessness to record with said DVR , and while I'm asking for things, I might as well say that real shirtlessness would be much appreciated too. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: