Friday, November 12, 2010

Shirtless Stephen

Since the secretary of IMS sent me a request for Stephen Dorff with the subject heading "I used to love him," I thought I should honor her request and post Mr. Dorff for a little bit of fun off the beaten path. Finding a shirtless picture of Mr. Dorff without a cigarette proved a bit more challenging than expected, but at last here is one that should please the secretary. Mr. Dorff has inspired some discussion of manscaping with his unshorn pecs on several blogs. I rather like him au naturel, but I am open to commentary. Every man need not be plucked and waxed hairless; just a general sense of tidiness is appreciated.

Catching up on DH last week, I was glad to see that Marc Cherry has finally embraced the gay storyline on Wisteria Lane and gave us a hilarious and yet touching story for Bob and Lee which included the antics of their favorite gay icon, Gabby. For anyone at ABC reading this blog, I will point out that the vice president of IMS would like to add a pool to Bob and Lee's house where Bob could lounge shirtless. I certainly second that motion. Overall, DH could definitely stand to up the shirtless quotient. Brian Austin Green is no substitute for Jesse Metcalf or James Denton. Sorry.

I still keep hoping that H5-0 will give me something to get involved in emotionally. Frankly, to have entire episodes without any shirts coming off is really just a big waste. Please have more shirtlessness, and let the Asian people speak. And having a happa-howli actress cry a lot does not make a compelling storyline. Actual plots make for compelling television, no matter how much weeping is lauded in the media.

I seem to be seeing more and more shirted television and theater which makes me a little bit sad. I hope someone takes his shirt off in my vicinity soon. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: