Friday, November 5, 2010

Shirtless and Appreciative



I've never posted Ashton Kutcher before, but it seems like high time I do because of late, he seems to take his shirt off in every movie he does. Also, it seems that every movie Katherine Heigl does involves her co-star taking off his shirt which makes me like her a little bit more than I normally do (which is not much). In any case, I know one IMS member who admires Mr. Kutcher not only for his good shirtlessness but also for his marriage to Demi Moore. I have to say when I looked it up, seeing that she met him when she was 40 and married him at 42 gives me new hope that there may be some good shirtlessness to be found in my future yet. I know one should hardly look to Hollywood for inspiration for romance, but given that there aren't very many other places to look, I'll take my hopeful moments where I can.

In other news, now that the election is over, I hope that we will return to a world of normal commercials. I don't think I could have handled one more day of watching Linda McMahon talk to me as a mother. In addition to the fact that she was not running in my state and therefore I couldn't understand why I was being subjected to her, the sheer volume of her commercials made me want to do something to vote against her. I realize that for billionaires, it's hard to understand the concept of too much, but please try. I'm still reeling from the story about the Indian billionaire's 27 story house in Bombay. At what point do you lose the perspective to realize building a house as big as an apartment building for yourself down the street from slums is tasteless?

Sadly I realize that elections have become like Christmas, and it's probably only a few days before we start seeing commercials for 2012. The Food Emporium in my neighborhood hung up a wreath on Monday, the day after Halloween. If only the candidates and Santa were in good shape, I might have a better attitude.

In any case, I am woefully behind on my tv and have no new shirtlessness to report. This may be why I am so cranky. Hopefully new shirtlessness will arrive soon, and the moment will pass. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: