Monday, November 1, 2010

Trick or Treat!

I received some frantic texts on Wednesday about how I should post Cory Monteith who plays Finn Hudson on "Glee" after the Halloween episode. I did not see the Halloween episode, and frankly after the lukewarm reviews it received on Facebook from my friends who are die-hard fans, I didn't rush to check it out on Hulu. But there was enough love for Mr. Monteith to suggest that he should be posted. So happy Halloween all! Singing in the shower seems more appealing somehow.

Where was I on Friday, you may ask? Honestly, I have been caught up in a swirl of writing a new play and organizing an event for another theater company that had me so attached to my computer on Friday working, I completely forgot to post. You know things are bad when I forget my twice weekly dose of shirtlessness, and I am looking into how my life could possibly be so out of control. I even forgot to record GA on Thursday.

To return to equilibrium, I did spend quality time on the couch last night watching DH and B&S, and I have to say that B&S has become so bizarre, I almost don't know what to do. Sunday night is my designated non-multitasking time, but honestly, I felt like I should have a magazine or something while this show was on. I don't know how Kitty went from mourning her dead husband to breaking up with her transitional man (who incidentally seemed crazy even while shirtless) in the span of two weeks. Time makes no sense on that show, nor does space. We are led to believe that Kitty fled to Ojai to get physical distance from her old life in LA/Pasadena, and yet members of her family keep dropping in on her hideaway on their way to work. It's very strange. I don't know what's going on in that show, and I want it to return to the days of everyone sitting by the pool watching Luc swim. That was much more fun. Also, is it just me or does the whole family seem to be bordering on alcoholism since they all (except for Justin, the alcoholic) drink morning, noon, and night and in response to good news and bad? I'm confused as to why they didn't keep the winery since it would have at least kept them all stocked in beverages.

With the passing of Halloween comes the acceptance that there will be no more occasions to see men with their shirts off in the street until next spring. This seems very sad to me, and I hope that my shows will be able to help me through the winter. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: