Monday, January 10, 2011

The Beauty of the Ballet Body

Last week an IMS member directed my attention to Benjamin Millepied, otherwise known as Natalie Portman's fiance and baby daddy. This NYCB dancer has been giving a lot of shirtlessness lately, and I felt I had to post him to honor the beauty that is the ballet body. Being a moderina myself, I know I often look to modern dance for a shirtlessness fix, but let us not forget the ballet. I have yet to see "The Black Swan," but this photo is enough to persuade me to see it. I have no idea what that Mondrian-esque tattoo on his abdomen is, and frankly, I don't really care. In any case, well done, Ms. Portman!

I apologize for the erratic timing of my posts lately. Life has been rather topsy-turvy for this hyphenate of late. My Jane Austen play opened in Silver Spring on Friday night, and the excitement of the experience threw off my shirtlessness schedule. Right after opening, I flew down to Montgomery where I will be participating in the Alabama Shakespeare Festival for the next 5 months. That transition also threw my posting schedule off. But now that I am here and getting acclimated, I hope to get back on track. Thank you for your patience, gentle IMS members. Please know that the cause is never far from my heart even though it can be at times far from my computer.

I had looked forward to coming south as an opportunity for more real life shirtlessness, but alas, I have been greeted by 30 degree weather. I am not amused. Hopefully this is only a minor detour on the way to extremely good shirtlessness some time soon. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: