Monday, January 17, 2011

Golden Shirtlessness

In honor of his Golden Globe win, I have to post Christian Bale, mostly because I don't think that Colin Firth would hold up to the Two Point Standard even though I love him. Mr. Bale does give consistent good shirtlessness, and I have to give him props for being an absolute chameleon. He looks so different in every single movie he does, it comes as no surprise that he would win a statue for his efforts. I'm a bit miffed as to why his acceptance speech was twice as long as everyone else's, but the group of actors that I watched the show with last night all thought it was well-deserved. I have yet to see this shirtlessness-filled movie, but it is on my list to watch before the Oscars, along with approximately nine other films.

One hopeful note in the Golden Globes last night was that all the female winners appeared to be women of some maturity. It's nice to see women who have put in the time to receive some recognition. Natalie Portman was the youngest winner, and even with her youth, she's been at it a long time. Maybe next year, one of the winners will be a different race than Caucasian and I'll really feel hopeful.

It continues to be freezing here in Montgomery, leaving very little opportunity to encounter real life shirtlessness, but I feel confident that the nino winds will changes soon. At least I hope so. Five months without shirtlessness seems like a long time. Let's hope for change, shall we? I continue to be...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: