Friday, January 28, 2011

Old Spice and Shirtlessness


Ahhh, the Old Spice guy is back! Though I don't like this spot as much as the one wear he rides a horse and builds a kitchen, I can't complain about a commercial that uses nothing but unadulterated shirtlessness to send its message. I also appreciate that he uses a wonderful vocabulary while being shirtless which as you all know is a big turn on for me. I have often in the past noted some fine accessories to shirtlessness like kindness and intelligence, and this week, I would like to add a deft handling of the English language to the list. It's very, very good.

I am currently in tech for the first show of the season here at ASF. So far, it's going well. I'm happy to report that while no one is shirtless in this show, some of the actors are wet. After Colin Firth's infamous lake scene in Pride and Prejudice, I have to offer being soaking wet as an acceptable alternative to shirtlessness. What I think is particularly appealing about this instance is that the soaking occurs on stage which is a little piece of stage magic. Sometimes I really love the theater!

I have to go back to continue tech rehearsal, but I do assure you, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: