Friday, January 21, 2011

We Are All Romans Now

So I have migrated south for the winter in order to perform in the Shakespeare festival here, and our first show of the season is "Julius Caesar" which has put me in a rather historical mindset. One of my fellow cast mates (and recent new recruit to the cause) suggested that I check out a certain Dustin Clare of the recent "Spartacus" film, and it appears that Mr. Clare does uphold the Two Point Standard of good shirtlessness. It also appears that the Roman Empire was a high point for shirtlessness, at least as depicted in popular culture. Sadly there is no shirtlessness in the current production that I am in (maybe not so sad since no one is really in shirtless shape although that could change), but I think doing research for this show will provide fruitful for the blog. Already, I have enlisted some new members of IMS. Welcome, fellow thespians! We do plan to watch the series "Rome" which promises lots of shirtlessness and I may just have to watch this Spartacus as well. So even though it is freezing like the Northeast, who says there can't be some good shirtlessness is Alabama?

Friends, Romans, Countrymen - lend me your shirts!

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: