Friday, October 14, 2011

Breast Cancer Awareness


There are many reasons that I love this PSA, but the main one, of course, is the use of shirtlessness for good. At last a ray of hope in the clouds of bleakness that have been blanketing this blog of late! October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and I think this PSA is a great way both to spread the word and to remind women to do their self-exams every month. You know, I will be downloading that app immediately. 1 in 8 women is diagnosed with breast cancer, and as is the case with many cancers, early detection can offer a wide range of treatments. So ladies, please allow this app to help you remember to do your breast exam every month!

I like this app particularly because it allows you to choose which man you would like to receive a reminder from - a nod to the fact that different people respond to different types of shirtlessness. Watch all the way until the end to see all of your choices! So even though it is rainy and glum today and the world is much as it was yesterday, I feel some hope. Thankfully, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEYYYY! Don't I deserve an anonymous mention for recommending this to you? :+)