Monday, October 31, 2011

Shirtlessness in the Sun

The other day, I was feeling a bit down because of an unsavory task that I had to complete, and the Vice President of IMS suggested that I watch the first 5 minutes of last week's "Hawaii 5-0" episode to pick me up out of my doldrums. Doldrums eradicated! I stopped watching H5-0 a while ago due to the lack of interesting dialogue, plotlines, and a disproportionately low number of lines for the Asian characters along with the fact that Monday night was my night off, and I tended to go out then. Not to mention that Alex O'Loughlin did not take his shirt off nearly enough. This episode, however, put first things first and started off with a shirtless scene which then went into a flashback. I think this is very clever storytelling on the part of CBS. I wish they would start every episode with a shirtless scene followed by the story of how Mr. O'Loughlin came to take his shirt off. This would undoubtedly boost ratings.

Happy Halloween! Unfortunately a crazy snowstorm blew into town over the weekend, dashing my hopes for a lot of shirtless costumes today. I'm going to a Halloween party tonight benefiting the theater company of a dear friend and dressing as the Black Swan. I'm hoping someone might fill the role of shirtless dance partner, but in freezing weather, I have my doubts. At least, I know my White Swan will be there!

The cold will make opportunities for shirtlessness more scarce but perhaps all the sweeter? Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: