Monday, October 17, 2011

In Person Shirtlessness

For today's post, I give you Adrien Brody in all his "Predators" glory, inspired by none other than Mr. Brody himself. On Saturday night, I went to see "The Dumb Waiter," presented by NAATCO (National Asian American Theatre Company) at the Duo Theater in the East Village, which starred IMS poster boy and supporter, Louis Ozawa Changchien. Unfortunately, Mr. Changchien did not remove his shirt in this production (nor has he removed it in any of his last three productions, but who's counting?) but he did deliver an amazing performance as I have come to expect whenever he hits the stage. Some of you may remember Mr. Changchien's tattooed torso from "Predators" which appeared here last summer. Those of you who don't should most certainly consider brushing up. As it turned out, not only did I decide to support Louis on Saturday night but so did his "Predators" co-star, Mr. Brody. After the show, a few friends had drinks with MM Changchien and Brody where Louis brought up the topic of Indians for Male Shirtlessness and the good work that we do. I have to say that it was quite enjoyable to discuss the blog with two experts on being shirtless, and when I suggested that I would post Mr. Brody and asked for his preference of film for the shot, he wholeheartedly endorsed "Predators." One can see why. My research reveals that Mr. Brody gained 25 pounds of muscle for the role, and I hope he knows that IMS fully supports his efforts. Thank you, Adrien Brody, for taking your shirtlessness as seriously as you take your acting. Although, there is no Oscar for Good Shirtlessness (yet), IMS honors you for adhering to the 2 Point Standard.

I'm hoping that this begins a trend of discussing our cause with more film actors as I continue to do my work in the theater. A two-pronged approach seems entirely sensible. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: