Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Good Advice!

This appeared on my Facebook page recently, and I thought it appropriate to pass along.  I have noticed a recent explosion of "Keep Calm and Carry On" messages of late, and I thought this was a good twist on the saying.  As long as shirts are hidden, I will remain calm for sure!

In spite of this, I will share my recent excitement of being appointed "Director of Shirtlessness" for Leviathan Lab, an Asian American theater company based here in New York, and all that it entails.  Since my appointment, I have found that male members want to take their shirts off for me.  I don't even have to ask.  Yesterday, I had volunteered along with another Leviathan Labbie to help deliver sandwiches to the cast of another Labbie's reading.  My fellow volunteer told me he thought it would be fun if we walked in the door with me carrying the sandwiches and him carrying me shirtless.  He asked me to write the name of the reading across his chest.  What could I do other than comply with his wishes?

The day before I had been asked to direct a shirtless trailer for our upcoming 24 hour play festival titled "One Night Stand."  I spent all afternoon directing another male Labbie to take off his shirt, to drop and give me 20, and to hold while the camera caressed his torso.  I think the Dream is coming true.  I wonder who will volunteer to remove his shirt for me today?  Hmmm...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: