Friday, May 18, 2012

It's Good to Be President!


The other day a friend posted this video on my Facebook wall, reminding me of the joys of being president of IMS.  It is not always an easy job.  There are many disappointments, like when you go to a perfectly adequate Broadway show and realize how much better it would have been if someone had simply taken off his shirt.  Or when you are walking in the park and realize that those who should take their shirts off are shirted, and those who should not are shirtless.  But then some days you wake up and find this delightful video on your Facebook wall.  And all is well.

On Monday, I had an unexpected chance to see another president, the POTUS, when he drove through my neighborhood.  Police barricades were up on the streets, and on my way home from a brisk walk in the park with a friend and fellow IMS member, I decided to stand outside and wait for him.  Small groups of people gathered all along the route.  One man stood outside his store and swept the same patch of sidewalk for 15 minutes.  Either he wanted it to be VERY clean for the President or was trying to act nonchalant.  In either case, eventually the motorcade zoomed past, and I waved with glee at the outline of a man with prominent ears who was waving back.  His job is incredibly difficult (Leader of the Free World, Babysitter of Congress, etc...), but I wonder if on days like Monday, when people are waving and cheering at him in the streets, he thinks it's good to be President too.

As I contemplate this, I continue to be...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: