Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Plan is Working!

Dear IMS members, again, I realize that I am posting one day late, but I figure better late than never.  I'm not sure how the last two weeks have gotten so out of hand schedule-wise; all I can say is that the pursuit of good shirtlessness takes time.  Lucky for me, I was successful in adding a lot of shirtlessness into the New York theater scene this week.

As I told you, I was working on Second Generation's celebratory short play series, "Fifteen," which featured 15 short pieces by teams of Asian-American theater artists ranging from reading excerpts of new novels to dance pieces reenacting a quinceanera to original songs about bi-coastal relationships.  At the first performance, three of the 15 pieces (the three on which I worked, obviously) involved male shirtlessness.  By Saturday evening's show, I managed to convince one of the other directors that shirtlessness would be appropriate in his piece as well.  I think four out of fifteen is not bad.  Now I am trying to convince the artistic director that next year's theme should be "Sixteen and Shirtless."  An IMS president's work is never done.

And as for Jeremy Renner being posted here today, one of my fellow artists of the weekend will be featured in Mr. Renner's upcoming Bourne movie, and I thought I should post him in anticipation both of his upcoming shirtlessness and of my friend's amazing turn in another feature film.  I cannot wait!  This friend has been featured on the blog before and continues to sport that wonderful accessory to shirtlessness, kindness.  I can't hope for enough good things to happen for him.

So my gentle readers, know that while I may be posting late, I am always working for the cause.  Until the next time (hopefully on Friday), I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: