Friday, August 22, 2008

Indian Shirtlessness - Oh My!

It's a banner day for IMS, folks, since this is the first time I am posting a shirtless Indian man on the blog which was started by an Indian. I give you American gymnast of Indian descent, Raj Bhavsar, who represented the US in these Olympic Games. I'm sure Indians everywhere are feeling proud. I post this picture also in honor of a new recruit who will be celebrating a birthday this Sunday. He so kindly sent me this picture in response to a previous post, and I would like to encourage this interactive use of the blog. Excellent work! Have a fabulous birthday!

I would also like to take this moment to address an issue that has been raised repeatedly in recent discussions. Do you have to be Indian to be a member of IMS? No. While it was a small and fearless group of Americans of Indian descent who began the club back in 2006 at a "Desperate Housewives" finale party where we were all dressed as our favorite character, our group is by no means exclusive. Do you believe that good male shirtlessness makes for a better world? Then you are a member of IMS. May I also say that not everyone at that fateful party was Indian (shout out to the two who wonderfully protrayed Bree Van de Camp and the gardener), and yet they were instrumental to IMS' birth. So welcome to all advocates of good male shirtlessness. We have a lot of work to do and have no time for discrimination of any type.

Finally, I want to acknowledge that the Olympics have created a high request zone for me, and I will have to fill them over the next few posts. So for those of you who are saddened by the end of the Olympics, please take heart in the fact that the pictures will keep coming over here. And special requests will be granted, perhaps not in the most timely fashion. So much work, so little time! Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: