Monday, August 11, 2008

Olympic Shirtlessness

In my quest for new sources of good male shirtlessness, I give you Michael Phelps, Olympian, Gold medalist, World Record Holder, Poster Boy for IMS. While there are plenty of other pictures of Michael Phelps shirtless (in fact almost all the pictures of Michael Phelps are shirtless), I like this one from the LA Times from the AP because it was taken after he set the world record in the 400 meter individual medley. It's a nice moment to capture. You go, Michael Phelps! Please continue to set records and along with the rest of the men's Olympic swim team, show the world how wonderful good male shirtlessness really is.

I am not going to mention the year in which Mr. Phelps was born, nor am I going to comment on a recent complaint by an IMS member about the swim team wearing long pants instead of their usual speedos for the races. Instead I am going to say how much I like the long lean muscles that are developed through swimming. While this is definitely a different look than, say, the total fitness workout of Mario Lopez, it works for me. Check out the lovely slideshow of swimmers' torsos that NBC has set up here for more on the particular excellence of swimming shirtlessness. I will be watching swimming for the next few days to fulfill my daily quota of good male shirtlessness, and I hope you will too! Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: