Friday, August 15, 2008

More Olympic Shirtlessness

In my continued tribute to the Olympics, I bring you Alexander Artemev, member of the Bronze Medal-winning US Men's Gymnastics team. This picture took a long time to find because apparently gymnasts are encouraged to keep their shirts on when competing. This puts gymnastics at a definite disadvantage to swimming for me, but in the name of being fair, I thought it my duty to suss this photo out. I like what Alexander can do to a pommel horse. Also, I was trying to find a good shirtless picture of Raj Bhavsar, the Indian-American member of the team, in an attempt to finally post a photo of an actual Indian person on the IMS site, and yet he is always with shirt. Alas, Alexander, you will have to do! Thanks for representing!

I am writing from the countryside and enjoying writing that I am in the countryside. It's very Jane Austen. Actually I am staying with friends at a camp site in Connecticut where I have to sit outside and face a certain direction to get wi-fi. And since I would rather spend time swimming or walking or eating the fresh bacon or home-made ice cream than typing on my computer, I am going to leave you...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Brilliant!!!! Though Michael Phelps is a bit lanky for my taste - call me picky, but just call me to the Olympics! Thanks, Mme. Pres.