Monday, August 18, 2008

World Record Shirtlessness

I am in the countryside with no television and no cell phone service and internet gained only by facing in a certain direction from a certain part of the house. I am contorting myself in all kinds of positions with my laptop in order to fulfill my posting duties. I don't even know what is happening in the Olympics, but judging from this picture, I have to say that it must be all good. This picture is ridiculous, and I don't think I need to say much more than I had no idea that Michael Phelps had a tatoo of the Olympic symbol on his right hip bone. Now I know, and knowing is half the battle.

I'm going to have to drive home in a few hours and end my Austonian weekend in the countryside. We've been filling our time with hiking through the woods and swimming in the lake and then cooking obscene amounts of food that we eat at 10 o'clock at night. I've observed some male shirtlessness here in the country and have to say that for the most part it is good. The two part standard is being spread throughout the land. I could get used to this lifestyle except for the contorting to get online thing. I think I've won some new converts to the blog and promoting the movement. New IMS members, welcome! I've now got to look for the last bits of bacon to sustain me on my ride home. When I next post, I'll be back in New York. Until then, I am ...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: