Friday, January 16, 2009

Getting Back to Shirtlessness

I realize that I had declared GA dead after the terrible episode about interns operating on themsleves, and I stand by my assessment of the situation. But I can't help but be lulled back into the GA fold after last night's episode which started with a shirtless McSteamy scene. All episodes of GA should start with a shirtless McSteamy scene. I also enjoy when the patients are interesting, like Eric Stoltz' serial killer. A guest spot for a fantastic actress like Tyne Daly is also not a bad idea. Finally, giving Bailey something smart and sassy to do is also helpful. I can't say that all is forgiven because Denny is still inexplicably on the show, but I did honestly enjoy the show last night. Thanks, GA, for renewing my hopes in Thursday night. Certainly finding UB replaced by George W. Bush did not.

It is freezing cold here in New York City, and good male shirtlessness on television becomes even more important in the winter months when there is no hope for it in real life. In this cold, even real male shirtlessness loses its lustre since no one has seen the sun in a good long time. But doesn't the winter make the spring so much more miraculous?

With that in mind, I'm off to appreciate all the other good things that life offers us in small doses. I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: