Monday, January 5, 2009

Top Box Office Shirtlessness

Sometimes when I have to be up early on a Sunday morning, I like to watch "Sunday Morning" on CBS because it has such interesting segments. Yesterday in addition to a fascinating segment on the position of the "Lame Duck" President, there was a small item on the top box office draws of 2008. Will Smith topped the list pulling in more money with his two blockbusters this year than anyone else, becoming the first African American man since Sidney Poitier to fill that spot. So in honor of a man of color being the top box office draw, I give you this production still of Will Smith from his latest movie, "Seven Pounds." He was followed by Robert Downey, Jr., Christian Bale, Shia LaBoeuf, and Harrison Ford. I guess no woman can out do the sheer star power combination of Shia LaBoeuf and Harrison Ford in the last Indiana Jones movie. We ladies seem not be a draw. Of course, I'm certain that all of these movies have female co-stars, but the powers that be decided that it was Will Smith and not Rosario Dawson who brought in the big bucks this Christmas. Hmmmm...maybe 2009 will be the year of the Female Box Office Draw?

In other news, new episodes were back last night but without any shirtlessness except for a brief moment of heterosexual shirtlessness for Kevin on B&S which wasn't very exciting. In spite of no shirtlessness, I did enjoy my Housewives last night. Finally someone listened to me and allowed the gay couple to have real interactions with other people on Wisteria Lane. I was grateful to see them have multiple scenes and dialogue. Thank you ABC!

I'm off to LA for a few days and excited for the real good shirtlessness I will see there. 71 degrees promises a higher level of seeing the sun than anyone has here in New York. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: