Monday, January 26, 2009

Shirtlessness at Any Age

At a graduation party of a dear friend this weekend, a possible convert to the blog asked about the age of my shirtless posts, and I had to admit that most people I post are between 30 and 45. I think this mostly has to do with the fact that I reside comfortably in that age range and tend to interact with people in that age range as well. So I took a poll at the party about whom I should post in an older age range, and the results were overwhelmingly in favor of Jack LaLanne. Obviously, this picture is from days past when I suspect that he was between the ages of 30 and 45. I couldn't find a recent shirtless picture of him, and given that he is 95 years old, I'm not sure that is a bad thing. But I think he can serve as an example of how fitness can be achieved at any age. He did have some cute pictures wearing a tight cap-sleeved t-shirt which showed his undying dedication to fitness. I personally think that the above picture is a bit much, but to each his own standard of good shirtlessness.

In other news, I read in AM New York (which is the free newspaper handed out in the subways here) that a person mentioned in a past column for his excellent shirtlessness, Broadway dancer Nick Adams, was heckled at a classy party to take his shirt off. While "Take Your Shirt Off" is the rallying cry of IMS, may I suggest that we all use it in good taste? A formal party is not the place for shirtlessness, and sometimes ripped underwear models like to wear well tailored suits - all of them. Let's practice some restraint, shall we?

This week is nothing but re-runs, and I am informed by my sources that if I want to see any shirtlessness, I am going to have to watch "The Bachelor." This is something that I cannot persuade myself to do. I watched the first season in hopes of learning how to date and found myself inconsolably depressed after the Harvard- and Stanford-educated Bachelor picked the woman with the largest breasts to be his fiancee. I'm only now coming out of the haze myself. I guess that means I will have to look for good shirtlessness in other places. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

2 comments:

Bones Rodriguez said...

Hey Nandita! I am often shirtless, but there are very few cameras around when I am. Maybe you should hide out in the bushes...

In case you haven't read this:

http://HotManDiet.com

That is another friend of mine with a similar blog.

Kevin Shenoy said...

I recall watching that bachelor episode with you. I thought you found it more annoying that the first bachelor was clearly gay more so than picking the busty blonde over the smarter girl.