Friday, January 23, 2009

Umberto, Take Your Shirt Off!

Because I have excellent people working with me (and by working with me, I mean sending me sexy shirtless pictures!) I can post the above picture to support the claim that Umberto, Edie's gay ex-husband as portrayed by actor Matt Cedeno, should have been shirtless in the 100th episode of DH. Why would you ever wear a shirt at all if you had abs like this, especially on prime-time network television? I am confused. But alas, these types of choices only highlight the need for advocacy groups like IMS.

I only saw GA last night because of my writers' lab and am pleased to announce that they are bringing shirtlessness back. Thank goodness! Having multiple shirtless scenes of McSteamy along with some new shirtlessness made me remember what I so loved about the show in the first place. That coupled with some excellent boyfriend behavior from McDreamy brings me back to the happy place with GA. I don't think I mentioned how much I enjoyed the Derek-Meredith dance scene from two weeks ago, not because of the great moves demonstrated but because of the goofy sweetness of a guy trying to cheer his girlfriend up with a dance. I know I may seem like a hardened shirtlessness advocate, but deep down I am a puddle of sentimentality who enjoys the occassional sappy dance with an untucked button-down. I also think that they have gotten rid of dead Denny which makes me and the entire cyber-community relieved. Only time will tell...

This weekend I am presenting a new monologue at the Lunar New Year celebration at the Asian American Writers' Workshop. If you want to support some Asian American writers beside this one, consider checking it out. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: