Monday, January 19, 2009

Martin Luther King Day Shirtlessness

In honor of Martin Luther King Day and the tremendous historical moment that we are on the cusp of, I wanted to post a picture of an African American person, but I would be disingenuous if I said that Denzel Washington is one of my favorite African American actors. He is simply one of my favorite actors. He hasn't made it on the blog because he hasn't been in the news recently and it is rather difficult to find a shirtless picture of him. But I post him here today in the hope that the day when we recognize people for the merit of their work rather than the color of their skin is close upon us. Certainly after tomorrow, I think that day may be close indeed.

Before I wax too philosophical, however, I have to say how much I enjoyed last night's 100th episode of DH. For this exciting episode, the vice president of IMS came over to share in Thai food, and we found ourselves alternately laughing hysterically and coming close to tears. Somehow these flashback episodes always make me happy. My only complaint was that Edie's gay husband from the past, Umberto, could have definitely had his shirt off in his one and only scene. But there were so many other fun things happening last night, like Mary Alice getting to have scenes instead of voice overs, that I will excuse it.

So now I am off to clean the apartment in preparation for a new world order. Wherever you are, I hope you will get a chance to watch some of it. It will be one of the few times that I will watch television without a shirtlessness agenda, and I feel pretty good about that. Tomorrow, my agenda will be hope.

Yours in hopefulness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: