Monday, January 12, 2009

A Shout Out for Indians!

Okay, I know that this picture features no shirtlessness (just like my Sunday night television viewing experience), but I just had to post a shout out to the film sensation, "Slumdog Millionaire" for winning 4 Golden Globe Awards tonight including one for Best Film. I saw the film when it was just starting to garner some buzz and fell in love with it then. So I thought I would focus on the "Indians" in IMS for once and say "Hey!" to my peeps. I'll overlook the fact that the Golden Globes did not notice that there was an Indian female co-director on the film when handing Danny Boyle a statue for Best Director for now. I don't actually recall any shirtlessness in this film except some bicep action during a torture scene which is certainly not the type of shirtlessness IMS promotes, but continuing on the content over shirtlessness theme from last week, I have to recommend this film highly to everyone.

As for tonight, I can only say that I enjoyed DH even if there was not a scrap of shirtlessness at all. I enjoy watching all the characters act like themselves and especially enjoyed the moment of honesty Bree shared with her son-in-law to be. I only wish the gay couple had made an appearance. They are so much fun!

Also, I have not totally caught up on GA from last week but did notice some shirtlessness on guest star, Eric Stoltz, at the top of the show. He does appear to be a murderer strapped to a gurney without a shirt one which again falls somewhat outside the purview of IMS, but honestly I'm beginning to think we should just take what we can get with that show. Honestly, how is Ghost Denny still on the show?

I guess I'll have to ponder these and other questions for the next week. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

1 comment:

Tina said...

n, i forgot to tell you, the two-hour premiere of lost this season featured sawyer shirtless for the first hour. completely ridiculous