Monday, June 8, 2009

Hung Over and Shirtless




I am hardly one to endorse men behaving badly on screen or off, but I have to say that when I saw the commercial for "The Hangover" starring the above, Bradley Cooper, I laughed out loud. I have positive confirmation that Mr. Cooper does indeed take his shirt off in this film, and so let's just consider it added to my summer movie list, right behind "The Proposal." Mr. Cooper always seems to be cast as a jerk which makes me wonder about him as a person, but who am I to make judgments based on casting? One could easily think that I must be a little old lady based on my casting history. Lucky for us, Mr. Cooper is almost always cast as someone who needs to take his shirt off at least once during the course of a film, and that can never be a bad thing. Lucky for me, the roles in which I am cast never require anything of the kind.

Yesterday, I was shooting a short film in my apartment when the director and another actor noted that there was a man doing chin-ups on the balcony across the street from mine. We observed him for a short while, and the actor even went outside and waved during a break. Later she told me that I was living the dream. Indeed I am. While mostly my life is filled with irony fit for a Woody Allen movie, I have to say that it can be nothing short of divine benevolence to place a man who likes to work out shirtless on his balcony across the street from the president of IMS. Sigh...

I understand that Roger Federer won the French Open this weekend. It seems that a new crop of tennis players moved through the ranks to challenge Mr. Federer, and I look forward to hearing from IMS members if any of them need to be featured here on the blog. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: