Friday, June 5, 2009

Summertime New Show Shirtlessness

Last night I laid on my couch and took in a new show for the summer called "The Listener" on NBC that held my attention for the full hour. Any show about a man who listens seems worth checking out in my opinion. The premise is that there is this very cute man who can hear people's thoughts walking around helping people. It's almost the opposite of the Mel Gibson movie "What Women Want." So I have to say that I enjoyed the show and the very cute Craig Olejnik who should take his shirt off this summer for sure. But since he didn't on the show and doesn't seem to make a habit of walking around shirtless according to the internet, I had to move on to the next summer show that looks appealing, "The Philanthropist." I'm not sure what this show is about since the title suggests a person who does charity work but the commercial looked something akin to a James Bond movie made for television. 007 for the small screen on a weekly basis appeals to me, as does the star shown shirtless above, James Purefoy. I'm not sure what it is that draws me, but please check out the commercial if you can. It looks like fun.

In researching Mr. Purefoy, I learned that he was on the HBO series "Rome" and apparently was more than shirtless in that series. While IMS does not advocate pantslessness, the president cannot help but be intrigued by an actor who caused the stir that Mr. Purefoy did with his full frontal scene. This leads me to believe that there will be shirtlessness on "The Philanthropist," and in these lean times, that is really all I can ask.

I have just been made aware of the French Open and will take suggestions for tennis shirtlessness if anyone has any. Apparently this year has brought about quite a few upsets including Rafael Nadal's loss before the semi-finals, and that suggests new good shirtlessness to be discovered. Please send me your favorites. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: