Friday, April 16, 2010

The Benefits of Presidency

Well, my friends, the dream is finally coming true. Pictured above is a mystery actor who actually sent this picture to me after reading the blog. Granted, I know said actor because I am working with him right now in a theatrical extravaganza called "13: Instant Vaudeville" for Second Generation Theater, but honestly, I told him about my blog before rehearsal on Wednesday night and found this photo in my inbox on Thursday morning. Membership does have its privileges! In any case, I am very pleased to report that the above pictured actor not only adheres to the Two Point Standard of Good Male Shirtlessness (Fitness and Seeing the Sun) but also has my favorite accessory to good shirtlessness - a kind and thoughtful personality. I am going to keep his identity a secret for a little while longer because 1) I can and 2) it's fun, but I will tell you that you will be able to catch him this summer in a major movie from which this still was taken. I'm pretty sure he turns around, too!

So while there was no new tv last night, and I can't report on Ugly Betty because I'm so behind and didn't want to watch the series finale without seeing the other episodes, I am happy to report that this blog is taking it to the next level by reporting on people that I actually know. It comforts me to know that there is actual good shirtlessness all around me, waiting to reveal itself at any moment. I encourage all of you to reflect on the good shirtlessness that you may have in your lives and feel grateful.

And I will shamelessly plug my show again because I suspect that several members of the cast are hiding good shirtlessness under their button-downs. In rehearsal, I attempted to encourage shirtlessness, but no one really ran with that idea. I think an audience full of IMS members yelling "Take off your shirt" could change that. Just an idea. In any case, I'm so happy to be working with such a talented group of actors, writers, and directors, and hope that if any of you are in Tribeca this weekend, you will consider making an appearance at 13. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: