Monday, April 19, 2010

More Known Shirtlessness

This weekend has been a wonderful one for the President of IMS. Not only did I get to participate in a theatrical extravaganza at the Walkerspace in Tribeca as part of 2g's "13: Instant Vaudeville" with some of the most generous actors and directors that I have ever worked with, but I also bore witness to some excellent shirtlessness when the final act of the night was a monologue about the difficulties of growing up a little bit different that culminated in the actor ripping off his shirt and dancing a jig. Literally. He ripped his shirt off his body and broke into some amazing Irish step dancing which was shocking in itself because the actor was Asian. The audience went crazy, and frankly, I almost passed out. But even in my weakened state, I rejoiced knowing that the work of IMS has allowed such an evening to happen. And it was good. And there were three shows which meant three shirtless jigs. Does it get any better than this?

Well in fact, it does. Last week, I posted IMS Mystery Man who was kind enough to send me his shirtless pic because he wanted to be on the blog. I'm hoping that some of you will guess who he is or at least what major blockbuster he is a part of given his spectacular back tatoos. Then I realized that I actually know more shirtless actors than I thought. Above, please see Mr. Ato Essandoh, practicing some good shirtlessness in "Nights in Rodanthe" with Diane Lane and Richard Gere. I saw this movie on a plane and nearly woke everyone up when I saw my friend crossing shirtless in this scene. Also, please note another great accessory to good shirtlessness that he is holding for his date - a cocktail. Thanks to Mr. Essandoh for not only demonstrating how it's done, but also continuing to accessorize his shirtlessness with kindness and consideration.

I look forward to your guesses on the IMS Mystery Man and his movie, almost as much as I look forward to getting a forward-facing still from his publicist. I'm also excited about finding more shirtless actors in my immediate acquaintance, especially as the weather gets warmer. The dream is coming true. As it does, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is my absolute honor to (finally) be counted amongst the ranks of the shirtless! Thank you Nandita! My inner Matthew Mcconaughey thanks you!

-ato