Monday, April 12, 2010

Shirtlessness. Period.

Although I did not find a friend with Showtime in time to watch the season premier of "The Tudors," I thought I should post a little bit of shirted shirtless action from Jonathan Rhys Meyers who seems to understand that he should be shirtless in at least one scene of every movie or tv show he does. I call this the Eric Dane Understanding. I'm glad he has it. Gilles Marini also has it, although sometimes, it seems that the producers and costumers around him don't. Anyway, with the aid of this blog, I have located a Showtime-receiving IMS member and will hopefully be able to report on "The Tudors" soon. I have to say that the idea of Jonathan Rhys Meyers and Henry Cavill discussing their old age makes me giggle a little bit, but I guess that's television.

I was mistaken about new tv this week, as in fact there was a two-hour movie of B&S last night. Did anyone else feel like it was actually one episode worth of material stretched out into two hours by making all of the characters repeat everything twice? I still don't know what Narrow Lake is, and after last night's episode, I am seriously beginning not to care. I only wish it were a beautiful body of water that Luc could jump into without his shirt. That would make it interesting. And where was Luc? Sarah was having a family crisis, and Luc was no where to be seen, although next week we will get a juicy monologue from her about how she can't live without him. Note to writers: long monologues about how one character cannot live without another do not ring true when we never see these characters in the same scene. And also, I'm disappointed in Kitty's cancer story line. She made it look so easy - suffering with cancer for three episodes and then back to a full head of hair and a clean bill of health in three months. While no one expects realism from tv, I hope that sometimes television can provide comfort or illumination of a real situation or problem. I think this was a missed opportunity for B&S to say something worthwhile rather than continuously harping on what a terrible father William Walker was. Oh B&S, I wish I could stop watching.

In other news, I have completed the first draft of my first shirtless short play. Hey! It has some work to be done, but I feel confident that I will be responsible for some good male shirtlessness on the stage before the year's end. The IMS President's work is never done. I continue to be...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: