Friday, April 2, 2010

A Castle of Shirtlessness

I have found myself strangely drawn to ABC's "Castle" on Monday nights in spite of myself. Another show set in New York, shot in LA, which seems strangely devoid of people of color, and yet, I can't help but enjoy the witty banter between Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic. He's kind of lovable and exasperating, and she's just trying to get her work done while maintaining killer hair and wearing very tight clothes. I don't know but something about it resonates for me. Anyway, Mr. Fillion has not yet taken off his shirt on the show, but I feel that he should.

I'm glad to see that GA has gotten back to basics and managed to make Eric Dane take of his shirt at least once every episode for a while. Did anyone else think that the final shot was Lexi instead of Sloan? The blond hair is very confusing to me, and I do wish that the show would allow Ms. Leigh to dye her hair back. I'm a little freaked out by the pro-baby messaging in last night's episode - read: you'll end up alone and sad if you don't have children. Having recently spent some time in an assisted living home, I would say that there is a good chance of ending up alone and sad even if you do marry and have children, and probably the best remedy for sadness and loneliness is to nurture the relationships in your life, not just make babies willy-nilly.

I look forward to some Easter shirtlessness although with no new episodes until mid-April, I'm not sure how I am going to get it. Perhaps, I'll be forced to go to the Miley Cyrus movie. Hopefully a better option will reveal itself. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: