Friday, March 21, 2008

Daniel Craig - IMS Offical Poster Boy 2007


So here's my first picture, and I think it speaks for itself. If anyone is confused about the cause, let me introduce you to our Official Poster Boy of 2007, James Bond himself, Mr. Daniel Craig. This picture is everywhere (thank god!), but I pasted this one from a site called Brit Films which reported that dear Daniel was trying to get less nudity in the next Bond film. What?! Here's the article: http://www.britfilms.tv/index.php?id=2023. I find this assertion preposterous. Daniel - not less shirtlessness - more! I feel an action item coming on. While I can sympathize with him wanting to be appreciated for his acting talent which is considerable, I think he should take a moment to think about positioning himself as a thespian who happens to look great shirtless. After all for women in the industry, it's sort of the goal to be a good actor who also happens to look amazing both in couture and a bikini. And if you want to win an Oscar, usually it is also important to be beautiful in real life but be able to "play" ugly. Daniel, consider this nudity issue in the Bond films to be a study in being a woman.

But let's take a few minutes to discuss how in the world that we are about to create, we might be able to see this on every beach vacation we take or maybe just strolling down the street in the summer or in line at the coffee shop. The possibilities are endless. Ahhh!

Finally, IMS alert for "Lipstick Jungle" which I watched last night for lack of anything else to do. Although I can't say that this Robert Buckley is exactly my type, he did exhibit some good shirtlessness last night, especially surprisingly in the shower scene that was shot from above. Who knew that deltoids could be so intriguing from above? Thanks NBC for giving me some shirtlessness on my scheduled night for it, Thursdays. Sorry that I won't be sticking around for more once Grey's Anatomy comes back. Fingers crossed for McShirtlessness, and soon!

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: