Sunday, March 9, 2008

On Being a Gay Icon

Don't you know it's hard out here for a Gay Icon?

What does this have to do with IMS, you ask? Well, I'll tell you that it is the cause that led me to realize my potential to become a gay icon. As I write, I am slowly making my way to that hallowed ground occupied by other one named fabulous women, and I feel that this blog and this club are but steps along my way. I want to make it clear that IMS is a cause for everyone, not just straight women. I know plenty of gay men willing to take up the cause as well. Some of them are charter members of the club. Some of them have sent me pictures of good male shirtlessness in the past. One of them helped me find my calling.

I won't name names, but one night when I was trolling the internet with one of my gay BFF's for shirtless pictures of Daniel Craig (IMS Official Poster Boy 2007), I realized that I was in fact turning into a gay man. When you make statements like "I'm not really a size queen" you have to wonder what is happening. And of course, where do you find pictures of good shirtlessness but on gay blogs? After looking at blog after blog, I realized that I had a choice - to become a gay man or a gay icon. I chose the road less traveled, and that has made all the difference. So that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

I share this story with you to tell you what a life changing force IMS has been in my life. I hope it can have a similar effect on everyone who joins the cause. I hope IMS can help you find your calling as it helped me find mine.

And all are welcome here. My anecdotes may be skewed towards straight women and gay men because that is who I mostly discuss the cause with, but we are not an exclusive group here. "Take your shirt off!" is our mantra that can be used by anyone in almost any situation. Please, feel that you are among friends with us.

Okay, so no wthat we all feel welcome and happy, I do have one item of business. I do have is that I have been enjoying some excellent shirtlessness on "The Tudors." I've been renting it on Netflix, and let me say that there is a very high male shirtlessness to femal shirtlessness ratio. It's really rather refreshing. And while I know that everyone is all gaga over Jonathan Rhys Meyers, it's actually Henry Cavill whose torso makes me happy. I looked him up on IMDB and realized that he was born in 1983 which makes me feel a little bit uncomfortable, but he is paired off to excellent effect with Gabrielle Anwar who is more mature, shall we say, than I am. So I feel that he is allowed. Check it out - lots of shirtlessness to get you through until new episodes of television come on. I will say that the costumes are amazing, making the moments when they do have their shirts on a little bit more bearable. I welcome comments if anyone has seen this fantastic show.

Don't forget to post any other sightings. Our work is never done.

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: