Saturday, March 15, 2008

Some Basic Groundrules

Good news everyone! My computer is fixed. The flipside to this happy news is the fact that my genius at the Apple Store was not a hot shirtless tech guy but actually a very nice woman in a navy blue Genius t-shirt named Janelle. While I am encouraged to see so many women at the Apple Store both buying and selling, I have to say that as single woman in New York City who thought she had finally answered the eternal question "Where are the straight single men?" I was a bit disheartened. But she did help me get my email working again which now allows me to focus on posting without feeling the stress of being on the verge of a program crash. Ahhhh!

Last night I was at a special party for a dear friend and member of IMS and found out that people actually read my blog. I am re-energized towards posting on a regular basis and getting the movement really going. Not only are people interested in the cause, but some people are being affected by it. The boyfriend of another IMS member explained to me how he felt he could only be shirtless in July and August and that he needed to gear up for it. But self-awareness is the first step towards good shirtlessness, and I'd like to say to C (let's call him C for now), "You go, C! Take your shirt off in July and August! Make your girlfriend and fellow IMS member happy!"

All the buzz about IMS made me think that I should probably lay down a couple of guidelines about what happens here on this blog. I also thought I should let you know what shows I cover in case some of you want to track other shows. So here goes -
1) I cover "Desperate Housewives, Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy, and Brothers & Sisters." Between these four shows, I can usually find at least one good shirtless shot, although pickings have been slim this season. I sometimes tape on Thursdays, but I always watch on Sundays since that is the slot I refer to as "Me Time" when no one can call or talk to me.
2) No mean comments about George Clooney will be tolerated on this blog.
3) IMS stands for shirtlessness only. Please do not post any pants-less pictures because this is really going too far.
4) Matthew McConnaughey does not count. I feel that he is to male shirtlessness what Pamela Andersen is to female cleavage - overkill. It's almost worth reporting when he is actually wearing a shirt. Nice abs but leave us wanting more, Matthew!

I think that's it for today. One of my gay BFF's commented on the lack of photos on my blog, and I would like to say my legal team is working on it. Blogger and my conscience do not want me to use images illegally. But I have some good ones in mind soon!

Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: