Thursday, March 6, 2008

The pressure to post

Okay, members, recent and not so recent - I have learned that having a blog means that you have to keep posting things to keep people enlisted in your cause. I feel so passionately about male shirtlessness that it is imperative that I continue the conversation for the benefit of all. It's been some tough times for the cause recently due to the Writers' Strike, but let's face it, this season has been weak on the shirtlessness front, even pre-strike. Not to pick on Eric Dane too much, but why was he wearing a leather jacket all zipped up for two episodes of Grey's Anatomy? This defies any kind of sense. It might be early to have an action item for our members, but know that I am sincerely considering it for the future. I hold off only because I want to give everyone the time to get back in shape. Although it is not in the title of the club, we are promoting good shirtlessness with our work. According to People magazine, everyone has been eating like crazy during the strike which frankly does not sound like the makings of good shirtlessness to me. Neil Patrick Harris was quoted on his dread of finding out that he was in a hot tub in the first episode back. So in the spirit of compassion, let's hold off on flooding the writers of GA with letters.

Thanks to my two commentators. Those of you who actually know me know my techno-phobia, and so this is a big step for me. I am so happy to find people that I don't know at all on my blog. Shirtlessness is after all a universal pursuit. But welcome, Kirsten, person I don't know, and thank you Nina, person I do know, for alerting us about Eric Dane's shirtless appearance on Ellen. I missed this probably because I am under a pile of spackle as I renovate my bedroom. As I undergo this home improvement project, know that I am longing for good male shirtlessness in my very own home. But alas, I am on my own for this one. Nina, please tell us what episode this alleged shirtlessness was on, and whether it was good. If McSteamy is good to go, we could start writing letters next week.

Also, thanks to those of you who have emailed me personally about good shirtlessness in your lives. One IMS member sent me a listing of all Daniel Craig films that feature him shirtless. I think this is actually a listing of all Daniel Craig films. But I am not complaining. When I figure out how to transfer these, I will do so.

Anyway, carry on with the cause, brave members. One day, we will live in shirtless world, and we will be happy!

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Am adding this very valuable blog to my very exclusive "favorites" list...