Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Tudors Are Coming!


I found this semi-shirtless picture of Henry Cavill on a site called iBaller which is a bit embarassing, but had to be done. I offer it to you as a preview to "The Tudors" which starts this Sunday. I'm very excited to see a new episode of almost anything at this point, and to know that this show guarantees excellent male shirtlessness makes it all the better. There is something vaguely 80's about this picture which makes it appealing to me since I remember the 80's vividly but also a little disturbing since Mr. Cavill was born in the 80's.

Also, I had to drum up some enthusiasm for a dramatization of the court of Henry the VIIIth after seeing "The Other Boleyn Girl" tonight. It was a bitter disappointment. I have a bit of a penchant for costume dramas and historical fiction, and this movie was not satisfying on either level. Having read the book, I felt the adaptation was dreadful and missed all the drama and intrigue of the Royal Court. But if you are not going to be historically accurate or true to the novel, then at least give me some pretty costumes and good shirtlessness. No one looked good in their costumes, nor was anyone ever out of them. The one exception was the solitary sex scene between Eric Bana and Scarlett Johansson which was shot through some sort of filter that made me feel as if I was watching a lava lamp move to cheesy music. Not good. Thank goodness for Showtime!

I'm off to Austin to check up on a touring show that I restaged and am not sure whether I will be able to post on Friday. So just in case, I offer you another example of good shirtlessness and wish you well this weekend. I'm hoping to run into a shirtless cowboy myself during my travels!

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: